This update corrects an issue where parts of the configuration XML are missing; what if you don’t want Exceptions or Filters?
One thing that I occasionally forget (and it can take me a while to remember the fix) is some apparently strange behaviour when processing an array. Sometimes array-based methods don’t work when there’s only one item (or no items!) to… Read More ›
Hi. Here’s another update on the Sync-Folder script. In this update Strict mode goes on, I make sure the statistics reset between runs, the Statistics output is rewritten and I add the option to only sync items that match a… Read More ›
A nice, short function this one;
The following is a simple script to generate a mailbox size report CSV for a set of email addresses. The full function and explanation follows.
Hi. Here’s another update on the Sync-Folder script here. In this part I add some more code to use literal paths (so that special characters don’t cause the sync to fail) and a report of the numbers of copies, updates,… Read More ›
Before you start processing a bunch of Exchange objects sometimes you might want to check if they’re Mailboxes or RemoteMailboxes. The script (and explanation) is after the break.
There’s a pretty simple way to test if something is a valid email address but it’s nice to wrap that around with a bit of code to test for a stream or array of values. The function and explanation follows.
I’ve been using scripts that pass loads of custom objects back and forth as function parameters. In some cases these objects are built dynamically so they could have different properties on them. It’s useful then to check if a particular… Read More ›
Hi. I wrote and ran a quick script to crawl a web-site and archive all it’s web-pages. It worked but I noticed some serious performance issues; its memory usage would occasionally balloon up to 19 GB (!); it would slow… Read More ›