After a few comments about the logs, I’ve re-written the logging code in addition to fixing some bugs and cleaning up the function names.
Adding a -PassThru option and fixed a very odd bug.
Hi. In this part I add some text logging to the script. Not much else I can say really 🙂
Hi. Here’s another update on the Sync-Folder script. The script itself is at that link but in this post I go over the changes I made and how they work. The main addition is the support for -WhatIf (so you… Read More ›
This update corrects an issue where parts of the configuration XML are missing; what if you don’t want Exceptions or Filters?
Hi. Here’s another update on the Sync-Folder script. In this update Strict mode goes on, I make sure the statistics reset between runs, the Statistics output is rewritten and I add the option to only sync items that match a… Read More ›
Hi. Here’s another update on the Sync-Folder script here. In this part I add some more code to use literal paths (so that special characters don’t cause the sync to fail) and a report of the numbers of copies, updates,… Read More ›
Some more additions to the script. In this part I add some additional configuration options, parameter validation and some error-checking. Update : I’ve revisited this script a few times with new additions and modifications.The latest full version of the script… Read More ›
I’ve used the Sync-Folder script quite a bit and I thought it might be time to revisit it, clean it up and add some more functionality. Here’s what I’m adding in this first part; Load all the configuration from an… Read More ›
I wrote about a script to synchronise the contents of one folder to another here. It worked as a quick and simple backup script and it would replicate files, deletions and sub-folders. I’ve used it quite a bit since that… Read More ›